We’ve all been asked what our favourite colour is, but have you ever wondered what the most common favourite colour in the world is? Well here is your answer – BLUE!
The popular colour has many different meanings, all depending on the shade.
Dark blue – trust, dignity, intelligence and authority
Bright blue – cleanliness, strength, dependability and coolness
Light blue – peace, serenity and infinity
Surprised that blue is the most common favourite colour? Here are some fun facts about blue:
- 53% of all the flags in the world have the colour blue in them
- Blue jeans are worn all around the world – and loved by all!
- The most common colour used for company logos is blue
- Greeks believe that blue wards off “the evil eye”
- Dark blue is the colour of mourning in Korea
- The god Krishna has blue skin
- Blue is the colour of 2 great things in nature – the sky and sea
- Studies have shown that weight-lifters are able to lift heavier weights in blue gyms
- Blue is the least common colour in food we eat
- Blue is the favourite colour of toothbrush
Article written by D Mulhern