1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
2. What was the key event from the news article?
3. Where did this event take place?
4. When did this event take place?
1. Find a quote from the main person in this news article?
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
6. Write a comment in the comment section. Give your opinion on this article.
Current Events Web Find the Who, What, Where, When, How and Why in the article to complete this worksheet.
I Think Because Share what you think about the article and explain why.
My Questions Write a question map about questions that you have after reading the article.
News Review Give the news article you have read a review
KWL Write what you KNOW about the topic in the article, what you would LIKE to find out and then what you have LEARNT.
Questions and Answers Write a set of questions and then their answers after reading the article.
The Big Idea Find the big idea by highlighting the 5 W’s and 1 H. then select 25 of keywords associated with the article.
Word Investigation Vocabulary exercise where students find keywords within the article.