Ever wanted to travel back in time? Or see the wonders of the world like the Great Wall of China? Or go swimming with the sharks? Well you can for free! Sort of…
How? You might ask.
Introduce yourself to the great world of virtual travel. Ever since coronavirus has forced millions of people around the world to self-isolate, there have been an increase in the popularity of virtual travel. Many countries have had to close the borders and none of us can travel at the moment, but virtual tours could be the next best thing.
Here are some of the best virtual travel videos on youtube in one place. Check them out for a bit of fun and something to do while we are still at home in level 3.
Be sure to click on the compass icon in the corner of the video and use your arrow keys to move around and change your perspective to get the full virtual experience.
- Very few people get the chance to visit the cold but beautiful Antarctic. You can be one of them. Sail across the rough seas, dive in the icy water, and see the leopard seal catch his dinner on this very realistic tour.
- If you fancy taking a trip to London check out this tour. There are so many places to see, Big Ben, the Tower of London, Buckingham Palace, the London Eye, the list goes on and on.
Out this world activities:
- Ever wondered what it’s like to be in space? The weightless sensation of being in zero gravity is emulated by National Geographic in this video. Maybe it’ll inspire you to be an astronaut one day.
- If time travel takes your fancy, check out this Viking battle. See a different world where people sleep on animal skins, drink gruel, and fight for their land. You might feel quite content in the safety of your house after this.
Under the Sea Animals:
- Test your stomach by diving with tiger sharks in the Bahamas, to do so click here. Or risk getting snapped at by a hammerhead in one of Youtube’s most popular virtual tours here. Did it give you a fright?
- If you are a bit too scared of the underwater predators and want something more peaceful try this swimming with dolphins experience.
Did you check out any of the tours? What are some places or things you would like to do in real life when isolation is over? Let us know by commenting below!