United States batsman Jaskaran Malhotra has hit six sixes in an over.
He becomes the ninth player to hit six sixes in an over in top-level cricket. He hit the runs off Papua New Guinea pace bowler Gaudi Toka in a one-day international in Oman.
Malhotra becomes the second player to achieve the feat in ODI cricket after South Africa’s Herschelle Gibbs in 2007.
His finished unbeaten on 173 – the highest one-day score by a US batsman.
The remarkable innings, which included 16 sixes and four fours, helped the US recover from 29-3 to reach 271-9 from their 50 overs, with the next highest score just 22.
Nine batsmen have hit six sixes in an over in top-level cricket:
- 1968 – Sir Garfield Sobers (for Nottinghamshire v Glamorgan)*
- 1984 – Ravi Shastri (Bombay v Baroda)*
- 2007 – Herschelle Gibbs (South Africa v Netherlands, World Cup)
- 2007 – Yuvraj Singh (India v England, T20)
- 2017 – Ross Whiteley (Worcestershire v Yorkshire, T20)
- 2018 – Hazratullah Zazai (Kabul Zwanan v Balkh Legends, T20)
- 2020 – Leo Carter (Canterbury v Northern Districts, T20)
- 2021 – Kieron Pollard (West Indies v Sri Lanka, T20)
- 2021 – Jaskaran Malhotra (United States v Papua New Guinea, ODI)