1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
2. What was the key event from the news article?
3. Where did this event take place?
4. When did this event take place?
5. Leave a comment below about your thoughts on this article.
1. Find a quote from the main person in this news article?
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
Current Events WebFind the Who, What, Where, When, How and Why in the article to complete this worksheet.I Think BecauseShare what you think about the article and explain why.My QuestionsWrite a question map about questions that you have after reading the article.News ReviewGive the news article you have read a reviewKWLWrite what you KNOW about the topic in the article, what you would LIKE to find out and then what you have LEARNT.Newspaper BingoPlay newspaper bingo. Find a number of different articles to complete the grid.Questions and AnswersWrite a set of questions and then their answers after reading the article.The Big IdeaFind the big idea by highlighting the 5 W’s and 1 H. then select 25 of key words associated with the article.Word InvestigationVocabulary exercise where students find key words within the article.
Pukekohe Intermediate school, Room 42, Mrs Devaney, we have an awesome tech block
I go to james hargest in invercargill. my teachers name is mrs evans she works really hard with our year 7s this year.
We love Kiwi Kids News in our class. An article that we really enjoyed recently was about Palmerston the Cat!
I’m the teacher – Katie McGrath in Room 11 at Northland School in Wellington!
My school is Newlynn School. It is a great school because it makes us wash our hands before eating so we don’t catch Coronavirus. My teacher is Mrs Fortes and she teaches the kids in rimu 5.
Ficino school not a really well known school yr.6 Mrs leathley she loves scince
my teachers name is miss Anderson and our school is Randwick school
Greytown school, Room 12 Mr French Year 7 & 8
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *