Check out these amazing energy boost protein bars. Perfect for lunch or a snack after sport.
2 ¼ cup rolled oats
1 ½ cup vanilla whey protein
¾ cup almond milk
1 cup crunchy peanut butter
7 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
¾ cup toasted coconut flakes
60g 72% dark chocolate
- In a saucepan, combine the almond milk, peanut butter and maple syrup. Melt over low heat.
- Mix through the protein powder, oats, chopped almonds and coconut flakes. Stir well. Adjust consistency by adding a little extra milk.
- Lightly grease a baking pan, and press the mixture into the bottom of the pan using the back of a spoon.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the bars.
- Allow the mixture to cool before slicing it into bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge. Store in the fridge for up to a week in an airtight container.