Check out this amazing soup. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
400ml can of coconut milk
1 tbsp olive oil
400ml chicken stock
1/3 cup Pic’s Peanut Butter
1-inch fresh ginger, minced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 fresh chilli, diced
600g chicken breast
1 brown onion
140g egg noodles
A small handful of fresh coriander (optional)
Chopped peanuts to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Peel and chop the pumpkin and carrot into cubes/rings. Place in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Once roasted, blend the carrot and pumpkin until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, chicken stock, pumpkin/carrot puree, peanut butter, ginger, garlic, chilli, salt and pepper in a slow cooker. Whisk together.
- Place the chicken breast and sliced onion into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or until the chicken shreds easily.
- Roughly 20 minutes prior to serving prepare the noodles as per packet instructions. Reserve some of the water before draining.
- Once done cooking, remove the chicken with a slotted spoon and transfer it to a chopping board. Shred the chicken using two forks.
- Place the chicken and noodles into the slow cooker, mix to combine everything together, and add a little noodle water if necessary to thin out the sauce.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, then garnish with coriander and chopped peanuts.