Olivia Rodrigo has been the big winner at the Grammy awards. The teenage singer is famous for her song “drivers license”.
Olivia Rodrigo and R&B duo Silk Sonic dominated the major categories, and Jon Batiste won album of the year.
Rodrigo was nominated for the top four Grammys: best new artist and song, record, and album of the year.
The Grammys recognise outstanding music achievements and are widely known as the highest honour in music. They are usually held in November but were postponed due to COVID. This ceremony was the 64th time the Grammys had been held.
The ceremony also had a surprise video from Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky.
- Album of the Year: “We Are” — Jon Batiste
- Record of the Year: “Leave the Door Open” — Silk Sonic
- Pop Vocal Album: “Sour” — Olivia Rodrigo
- R&B Album: “Heaux Tales” — Jazmine Sullivan
- Rap Performance: “Family Ties” — Baby Keem featuring Kendrick Lamar
- New Artist: Olivia Rodrigo
- Song of the Year: “Leave the Door Open” — Brandon Anderson, Christopher Brody Brown, Dernst Emile II & Bruno Mars, songwriters (Silk Sonic)