Debris from an airplane found on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion is to be taken to France to find out if it is from the missing airliner MH370.
Malaysia’s prime minister said the 2-metre long wreckage was very likely to be from a Boeing 777 and the location was consistent with where it is believed MH370 went missing.
Malaysia Airlines’ flight MH370 went missing in March 2014 on a flight bound for China. 239 people were on board.
It is the only Boeing 777 to have disappeared over the ocean.
The Australian government has described the discovery of the wreckage as “a very significant development” in helping discover what actually happened to the flight.
[tabs tab1=”RECALL QUESTIONS” tab2=”THINKING QUESTIONS” tab3=”DOCUMENTS”]
- Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
- What was the key event from the news article?
- Where did this event take place?
- When did this event take place?
- In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
- Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
- Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
- Explain in your own words why this event took place.
- Use the Dictionary in the bottom right hand corner to find the meaning of 3 words from the article.