A man rushed to hospital with severe stomach pains was taken to surgery, where his doctors found a plastic fork in his stomach!
Lee Gardner, who arrived at the hospital vomiting blood and suffering stomach pains had accidently swallowed the plastic fork ten years ago.
He had forgotten all about the cutlery item as doctors had told him it would pass through his system naturally, so didn’t think of this as the issue when he began feeling unwell.
The fork had never caused him any issues but doctors say that the fork prongs had pressed against his stomach lining which caused the bleeding and pain.
The fork was removed during a 45 minute surgery and Mr Gardner is expected to make a full recovery.
Um…remember guys, forks are to HELP you eat, not FOR eating!
Article written by D Mulhern