Man addicted to sniffing socks get lung infection

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share to Google Classroom

A man in China has been been diagnosed with a severe fungal infection due to smelling his used socks at the end of his work day.

The man, identified as Peng, was admitted to hospital in Zhangzhou after complaining of a cough and chest pains.

Doctors said Peng had caught an infection from a fungus that had developed in his shoes and socks, then spread to his lungs as he sniffed his dirty socks.

Peng is expected to make a full recovery.

24 Responses

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

In a bizarre incident in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia,...
The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards are back, and this year...
Twenty-six-year-old Kalpana Balan from India, has clinched a coveted spot...
At the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions expo...

World & National News

It is the time of year when people might be...
The world’s largest iceberg, A23a, is making its way through...
He Kāwanatanga, he Pirimia hou hoki tō Aotearoa. I te...
In a standout achievement, Morgan Wallen secured 11 wins at...