Did you know that your microwave can be used for a lot more than just reheating food? Here are 5 things you probably didn’t realise your microwave could do!
1. Want to send a letter, but have no stamps? No problem, you can use an old stamp from an old envelope! Simply wet the used stamp with a drop of water and then microwave for 10 -15 seconds and…voilà – a perfect new stamp ready to use!
2. To give your plants the best chance at growing as possible, you should use sterilised soil. Heating soil for 90 seconds (per kilogram) in the microwave, will give your little seedlings a boost for growth!
3. For a nice clean kitchen, you need a nice clean sponge. By soaking your sponge with water and then heating it in the microwave or 60 seconds, you can kill 99.9% of all house hold germs! Good as new!
4. Got stale bread or bagel that’s getting a little hard to chew? Wrap in in a moist paper towel and heat in the microwave for 20 seconds. In this time all the moisture from the paper towel with be absorbed by the bread!
5. Before juicing an orange or lemon, heat it in the microwave for 10 -15 seconds. This will make it easier to juice the fruit and also help you get every drop!
Article written by D Mulhern