Welcome to the Kiwi Kids Quiz for Friday 29th August 2014.
You can access the quiz in 2 ways.
1. On a Kiwi Kids News webpage – CLICK HERE
2. On a separate website – CLICK HERE
Remember to come back next Friday for our next Kiwi Kids Quiz.
1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
2. What was the key event from the news article?
3. Where did this event take place?
4. When did this event take place?
5. Leave a comment below about your thoughts on this article.
1. Find a quote from the main person in this news article?
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
Current Events WebFind the Who, What, Where, When, How and Why in the article to complete this worksheet.I Think BecauseShare what you think about the article and explain why.My QuestionsWrite a question map about questions that you have after reading the article.News ReviewGive the news article you have read a reviewKWLWrite what you KNOW about the topic in the article, what you would LIKE to find out and then what you have LEARNT.Newspaper BingoPlay newspaper bingo. Find a number of different articles to complete the grid.Questions and AnswersWrite a set of questions and then their answers after reading the article.The Big IdeaFind the big idea by highlighting the 5 W’s and 1 H. then select 25 of key words associated with the article.Word InvestigationVocabulary exercise where students find key words within the article.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *