Today is Saturday 28th March 2020. Welcome to the weekend. In our learning for this weekend we are going to learn about treehoppers. These are amazing little insects and have been in the news this week.
KIWI KIDS CATCH UP
Firstly, watch the Kiwi Kids News catch up for Friday 27th March – CLICK HERE
KIWI KIDS QUIZ – KAHOOT
If you haven’t done the kahoot quiz for this week start the day by giving it a go
All you need to do is go to this link – https://kahoot.it/challenge/0739966?challenge-id=900b0160-6594-48aa-b4a2-d0be7f9c723f_1585263153447
Use this joining code – 0739966
When asked for your name put your first name and then your school so we can see where people are from. All the best!!
WEEKEND LEARNING – Treehoppers
This week we heard the news that a news species of Treehopper has been named after Lady Gaga – Read the article here.
Therefore we thoughts we might spend some time learning more about these rather cool insects.
Below is a list of websites and resources you could visit to learn more about treehoppers. You definitely don’t have to look at them all, just a few will do. You might even have books at home you could read to find more information.
After looking at the resources we have a list of activities you could do. Once again you don’t have to do them all. Select one or two that you would like to complete.
1. Create a Fact Card with 10 facts about Treehoppers. If you want you could use CANVA to present your facts or make your own on an A4 piece of paper.
2. Design your own Treehopper. Plan it out on paper first. Make sure the helmet you design is spectacular.
3. Write down key information about Treehoppers. A bit about their history, design and where they live. Then use your writing to create a video in Lumen 5.
4. Create your own Treehopper. You could use cardboard, paper, recycling, lego to create your own creature. Make sure you give it a cool scientific name.
5. Create a short information video about Treehoppers.
a) Use Adobe Spark if you dont have a video maker.
b) Use this YouTube video as the background mages. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRmYRRbNqeM&t=43s
6. Design your own treehopper in Minecraft.
7. Create a Wakelet with resources about Treehoppers. Try and include a range of resources. Once you have done this paste the link to your Wakelet in the comments below.
8. Create a Prezi of a special kind of Treehopper.
9. Write a poem about a Treehoppers
10. Make a Kahoot about Treehoppers and then share in the comments.
11. Create a crossword about Treehoppers using WordMint.
12. Make a pamphlet or brochure about Treehoppers.
13. Make a Venn diagram to compare a Treehopper with another insect.
A LITTLE EXTRA – Bingo Board of Awesomeness
We have developed a little resource at Kiwi Kids to keep your learning at home. Look at the collection of activities below. Today look at the board and select at least one that you could complete. Let us know in the comments below which one you enjoyed. CLICK HERE for more details.