Yesterday, China celebrated ‘Singles Day’ – a sort of opposite to Valentines Day to celebrate those who are single. however, one Chinese man used the occasion to announce that he never wants to be single again – he did this by proposing to his girlfriend.
The man bought 99 iPhone 6s, arranging them in the shape of a heart in the street as he asked his girlfriend to marry him. Despite spending $105,527.92 on the iPhones (more than 2 years salary!), the man’s girlfriend said no in front of all their friends.
Not sure what she was meant to do with 99 iPhones, but I guess even almost 100 of the most popular electronic device can’t buy you love!
Article written by D Mulhern
1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
2. What was the key event from the news article?
3. Where did this event take place?
4. When did this event take place?
5. Leave a comment below about your thoughts on this article.