logo

Dog saved after swallowing Christmas fairy lights

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share to Google Classroom

A dog has been saved by vets after swallowing his owner’s Christmas lights in Southampton!

Charlie’s owner became worried after noticing bits of wire in the seven-year-old crossbreed’s poo.

An X-ray cast light on the problem – tangled remains of fairy lights inside Charlie’s stomach.

Vets rushed to perform life-saving surgery on Charlie, who’s now back home and fully recovered.

It’s not the first time Charlie’s eaten something he shouldn’t have!

Owner Sharon Fay recalled: “Back in March he ate one of my scarves and needed an operation to remove it, but I thought it was just a one-off.”

Vet Sophie Bell from animal charity PDSA said: “Over the years I’ve seen plenty of cases of dogs swallowing strange objects – socks, dummies, rubber ducks.

“But it’s the first time any of us have treated a dog that has actually eaten fairy lights.”

PDSA is advising pet owners to be extra cautious this Christmas and to keep things like festive decorations and toys out of reach.

[contentblock id=1 img=gcb.png]

2 Responses

  1. Dog was swallow light but why he was dog boy that was santa lights christmas up on the treee so dogman gets a apetite to saanta with cookies and take the santa lights

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

1
In a bizarre incident in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia,...
1
The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards are back, and this year...
1
Twenty-six-year-old Kalpana Balan from India, has clinched a coveted spot...
1
At the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions expo...

World & National News

1
It is the time of year when people might be...
1
The world’s largest iceberg, A23a, is making its way through...
1
He Kāwanatanga, he Pirimia hou hoki tō Aotearoa. I te...
1
In a standout achievement, Morgan Wallen secured 11 wins at...