Doctors remove drill bit lost after dental operation

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Share to Google Classroom

Doctors in Wisconsin, USA, were able to safely remove a drill bit from inside a man’s lung after he swallowed the tool while undergoing an operation.

Tom Kozsi, 60, was getting a filling from a dentist when he inhaled the tiny drill bit.

Doctors at Aurora Medical Center-Kenosha in Wisconsin said the situation could have led to surgery. However, they decided to try a device that is typically used for early detection of cancer to attempt to pull the drill bit out without surgery.

Dr. Abdul Alraiyes, the pulmonary specialist who conducted the procedure, posted the video below on Youtube showing the bit being removed.

One Response

  1. Wow! It must have been very painful!
    But he should have felt better when they got it out!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

There’s a new genius in town, and she’s only 2...
In a hair-raising tale from Uttar Pradesh, India, meet Smita...
In a bizarre incident in Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia,...
The Comedy Wildlife Photography Awards are back, and this year...

World & National News

Protests have been carried out around New Zealand in response...
Gerry Brownlee has been elected as the Speaker of the...
Kia ora! Kia whakamōhio mātou i a koe ki tētahi...