This year is a massive one for the one and only Coronation Street.
It’s celebrating its 60 year anniversary.
The TV soap is the 4th longest-running TV show in the UK. It started in 1960 and so far there have been 10.186 episodes.
While Britain is in Covid restrictions, it’s still unclear what celebrations on the show will look like.
Coronation Street Facts
1. The first set was built in 1960.
2. The houses do have stairs, and one long, continuous corridor upstairs runs the length of the terrace.
3. The beer served in the Rovers is very weak shandy — mainly lemonade.
4. When the production started to shoot the series in high definition in 2010, they had the chimney stacks rebuilt in fibreglass to make them look more realistic, and the fake food served in Roy’s Rolls was replaced by real food.
5. In the makeup room they go through 50 boxes of tissues, 20 packs of make-up wipes, ten lipsticks, five powders, six eyeliners, four blushers, six eye-shadows and 15 large cans of hairspray each month.