Do you remember filling out your census form back in March this year?
Well the results are in, and here are some interesting facts:
- New Zealand’s population count at 5 March 2013 was 4,242,048!! That is an increase of 214,101 people since the 2006 Census.
- All regions showed population growth in the last 7 years, except for Gisborne – which declined by 843 people.
- Auckland was the fastest growing region and Nelson was second fastest.
- The South Island population has passed 1 million people for the first time.
- Christchurch’s population declined by 7,000 people, but Canterbury’s population increased by 17,000.