An Australian beach has been named the world’s best beach.
Whitehaven Beach, located near the Great Barrier Reef, has taken the top spot.
Sadly, no New Zealand beaches made the top ten. Below is the list of top ten beaches
1. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
2. Santa Maria Beach, Cayo Santa Maria, Cuba
3. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
4. Grace Bay Beach, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
5. Saint Pete Beach, Florida, United States
6. Turquoise Bay, Exmouth, Australia
7. Eagle Beach, Eagle Beach, Aruba
8. Spiaggia dei Conigli, Lampedusa, Italy
9. Ka’anapali Beach, Hawaii, United States
10. Baía dos Golfinhos, Praia da Pipa, Brazil
New Zealand did slightly better when it came to the best beaches in the South Pacific. Ohope Beach came 8th, Kaiteriteri Beach 9th and Mt Maunganui 10th.
Do you have a favourite beach in New Zealand?