Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern has revealed changes to the country’s Covid-19 traffic light system.
From Friday 25 at 11:59 pm the changes include:
- An end to the requirement to scan QR codes
- The limits on indoor gatherings will be increased from 100 to 200 people
- The limits would be scrapped entirely for outdoor gatherings.
That means sports events and large outdoor concerts can go ahead from this weekend!
From April 4 at 11:59 pm the changes include:
- Scrapping of vaccine passes
- Scrapping of mandates for some workforces.
Mandates to be vaccinated will remain in force for health workers, as well as aged care workers, Corrections staff, and border workers. However, the vaccine mandates will be removed for education, police and defence force workers, and businesses operating vaccine passes.
The traffic light settings will next be reviewed on April 4.