A bunch of US President Abraham Lincoln’s hair is up for sale.
The hair is roughly 2-inch-long bushy lock and is wrapped in a bloodstained telegram about the 16th president’s assassination in 1865.
Though the minimum bid for the items is set at $10,000, the item is expected to go for around $75,000.
Bidding for the items is open online ahead of the September 12th live auction in New Hampshire.
The lock of hair was removed from Lincoln’s person during his postmortem examination and given to Dr. Lyman Beecher Todd.
Who was Abraham Lincoln?
- NAME: Abraham Lincoln
- NICKNAMES: Honest Abe, the Great Emancipator
- BORN: February 12, 1809, near Hodgenville, Kentucky
- DIED: April 15, 1865, in Washington, D.C.
- TIME IN OFFICE: March 4, 1861, to April 15, 1865
- VICE PRESIDENTS: Hannibal Hamlin (first term), Andrew Johnson (second term)
- POLITICAL PARTY: Republican