Are you left-handed? Awesome! If not then I’m sure we all know someone who is and all us right-handers have tried to write with our left hand at least once just for fun!
There are some pretty cool facts about being left-handed that many people don’t know…check some of them out below.
1. Left-handed people tend to be more independent as they have to adapt to a world which is made up of mostly right-handed people.
2. Left-handers use the right side of their brain the most.
3. Between 5-10% of the population are left-handed.
4. Left-handed people make especially good baseball players, tennis players, swimmers and boxers.
5. Almost 40% of the world’s top tennis players are left-handed.
6. Of the last 7 US Presidents, 4 have been left-handed – including Barack Obama!
7. Studies prove that left-handed college graduates go on to become 26% richer than right-handed graduates.
8. Left-handed people are slightly more prone to allergies and asthma than right-handed people.
9. Left-handed people tend to find it easier to learn to use their right hand than right-handers find it to learn to use their left.
10. Mothers who are over 40 years old when they have a baby are 128% more likely to have a left-handed child than a mother in her 20s.
11. Left-handers are believed to be more talented in spatial awareness, math and architecture while right-handers are more talented verbally.
12. It runs in the family! The British Royal Family appear to have the left-handed trait with the Queen Mother, Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Charles and Prince William all favouring their left hands.
13. August 13th is International Left-handers Day.
14. Left-handed people are able to adjust to seeing underwater better than right-handed people.
15. Research shows that left-handers process emotions differently and tend to get more angry faster than right-handers.