- 5 year old fan proposes to Demi LovatoPosted 6 days ago
- Malala Yousafzai awarded Nobel Peace Prize for 2014Posted 1 week ago
- MANA Movement aims to stop child povertyPosted 1 month ago
- Apple unveils iphone 6 and smartwatchPosted 1 month ago
- How does you heart work?Posted 1 month ago
- Dance of the Palace GuardPosted 1 month ago
Mt Etna erupts
Mount Etna has been erupting frequently over the last couple of years and Italian airliners sometimes have to alter their routes to avoid flying through ash clouds.
The eruptions aren’t huge but there are several villages on the slopes of Mount Etna which need to keep an eye on things
Tuesday’s eruption did not cause any interruption to air traffic at the airport serving the nearby town of Catania, according to reports.
We have three levels of questions ranging from ‘recall’ questions to ‘in-depth thinking’ activities for each article.
You can print out the article or save as a PDF using the links below.
1. Who is the main person or group of people in this news article?
2. What was the key event from the news article?
3. Where did this event take place?
4. When did this event take place?
5. Why did this event happen?
1. Find quote from the main person in this news article?
2. In your own words describe what happened in this news article.
3. Find out where this event took place and include some information about this place.
4. Tell us when this event happened and explain what might happen in the future.
5. Explain in your own words why this event took place.
6. Use the Dictionary in the bottom right hand corner to find the meaning of 3 words from the article.
Use the article above to answer the following questions. Print out the worksheet by clicking on the orange words and then complete your answers on the sheet.
Current Events Web
Find the Who, What, Where, When, How and Why in the article to complete this worksheet.
I Think Because
Share what you think about the article and explain why.
Write a question map about questions that you have after reading the article.
Give the news article you have read a review
Write what you KNOW about the topic in the article, what you would LIKE to find out and then what you have LEARNT.
Play newspaper bingo. Find a number of different articles to complete the grid.
Questions and Answers
Write a set of questions and then their answers after reading the article.
The Big Idea
Find the big idea by highlighting the 5 W’s and 1 H. then select 25 of key words associated with the article.
Vocabulary exercise where students find key words within the article.